Guess what everyone, GTA5 has been selling really really damn well. Who would have guessed, right? Outside of outselling it’s predecessor’s lifetime sales in three weeks in the UK, becoming the UK’s fastest selling game of all time, and overtaking The Last of Us to be the PS3’s best selling digital title.
GTA5 has also been breaking a few Guinness world records. Here is the current list.
- Best selling action-adventure Videogame in 24 hours with $800 Million
- Best selling Videogame in 24 hours with 11.21 Million
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 Billion
- Highest Grossing Videogame in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours with $815.7 Million
- Most viewed trailer for an Action-adventure Videogame
I’m sure this isn’t the last of the accolades that GTA5 will get, but I would like to say that I’m glad that video games finally has the record for ” Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 Billion” For the fact that it puts our passion in the spotlight, hopefully this will make some people realize that Videogames are not just for children. That it is a booming industry for all ages. I don’t know why. I’m just so happy that GTA5 got all these records. Well done Rockstar. You guys can have a well deserve rest. You earned it.