Bethesda have detailed more about Fallout 4’s all-new survival mode. The updated mode has just hit beta on Steam and will be coming to consoles in the next month or two. We’ve listed some of the main features below.
- Saving is now limiting to finding a bed and sleeping for at least an hour. This means that you’re forced to be more concerned about what you’re able to handle.
- Fast travel has been disabled. In absolutely no circumstances are you able to fast-travel which will allow you to find areas that you previously hadn’t discovered.
- You will deal more damage but also take more damage. This instantly makes combat more risky, especially coupled with the fact that you must now save manually.
- Threats are no longer displayed on the compass and the distance at which locations of interest will appear has been significantly shortened.
- You’ll experience extreme cases of exhaustion, hunter and thirst. When going for extended periods without food, water or sleep you’ll notice that your health and S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats are significantly decreased.
- Healing items will recover your health a significantly reduced rate & crippled limbs with no longer auto-heal after combat.
- Carry weight has been significantly reduced and items like ammo and stimpaks now have weight. Similarly, carry weights for companions have now been decorated and they will no longer automatically get back up if downed during combat.
- Enemy and loot repopulation will now happen at a much slower rate.