It has been announced during the finale of the Rocket League Championship series in Hollywood that Rocket League will be getting a free update in September. Titled ‘Rocket League Rumble’, the new game mode will set you loose in an arena packed with 11 new power-ups.
This is exactly the injection of craziness that Rocket League needed to get me invested for another 50 hours.
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)