The DualShock 4 Controller Will Not Work With PS5 Games
Sony has detailed how current PS4 accessories will work with the PS5 in a new blog post.
The post has confirmed that the DualShock 4 controller will not work with PS5 games but it seems that it will work with existing PS4 games. The PlayStation Camera will work with the PS5 for PlayStation VR games. A PlayStation Camera adaptor will need to be provided at no additional cost to PlayStation users.
When it comes to peripherals such as racing wheels, arcade sticks or flight sticks, these will work with PS5 and PS4 games. The Platinum and Gold wireless headsets will work on the PS5.
Sony recently announced a bunch of PS5 accessories including a HD camera, a new 3D headset, a media remote and a charging station for the DualSense controller. You can find more info about those HERE.
THE FULL LIST OF ACCESSORY COMPATIBLE FOR PS5 IS BELOW
Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?
- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
- The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5
- No the DualShock 4 controller will not work with PS5 games.
- PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.