Nintendo unleashed the first Nintendo Direct in nearly six months. It had some solid first and third party announcements which are highlighted below.
NEW FIRST-PARTY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Super Mario Maker is coming in June 2019 with a bunch of new courses and features
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is coming in 2019. It’s a Gameboy classic remade from the ground up with new graphics.
- Astral Chain is coming in August 2019. It’s an action game being developed by Platinum Games and focuses on team combat.
- Boxboy + Boxgirl is a new puzzler releasing on April 26th with 270 brand new levels.
- Tetris 99 is a new battle royale game that’s available for free today for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.