It only took a week for the first proper SNES Classic Mini hack to arrive (courtesy of the same people who hacked the NES Classic Mini).
Hakchi2 was released under an hour ago. It’s version 2.20 and allows you to hack your SNES Classic Mini in exactly the same way that you hacked your NES Classic Mini. In-fact, it’s exactly the same program.
One of the biggest wishes I’ve had with the NES/SNES Classic Mini is the ability to connect to an online store to buy more games (or even Nintendo releasing a USB stick or something with more games). The NES/SNES Classic Mini is some of the best emulation of these games that we’ve seen, so it seems silly to restrict it to 30 (or 20 games). Some of my favourite games including Super Mario All-Stars, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Country 3 are nowhere to be found on the SNES Classic Mini.
You can find out everything you need to about Hakchi2 right HERE. Definitely do it at your own discretion and use the hack responsibly.
The Hakchi2 update 2.20 has the below patch notes:
- SNES Classic Mini support.
- Automatic ROM conversion to special SNES Classic Mini’s format. ~75% of games are working fine. You can use RetroArch mod for problem games.
- For expert users: you can select SNES game and press Ctrl+Alt+E to show hidden Preset ID editor.
- Individual profiles for different consoles, so you can use the same hakchi2 for both NES, SNES, Famicom and Super Famicom. You can select console type using “Settings menu”.
- 7-Zip compression support for all platforms and emulators. You can compress or decompress any game using only one checkbox.
- Group operations. Now you can select multiple games in the main window, right click on them and do mass compression or mass cover downloading only for selected games. Hold control to select individual games.
- For expert users: NAND dump, NAND-B dump and memboot features. Don’t use it if you don’t known what is it.
- Some bugfixes and refactoring.