After it leaked earlier today, Super Mario Odyssey Balloon World has released one day early. You can grab it by downloading a free software update.
Here’s exactly what you get in the free update:
- After completing the game a new mini-game Balloon world will now be playable
- Talk to Luigi in any of the Kingdoms to start playing
- After completing the game, a number of speical outfits will be added to the shop
- A number of new filters have been added to Snapshot Mode
- Jump-Rope Challenge has been adjusted so that there will be a speed change after reaching 110 jumps
- World Rankings and Friend Rankings have been reset for Jump-Rope challenge
- Best records will not be reset
- Fixed a number of issues to improve the gameplay experience
Once players download the free update and complete the main story, Balloon World will become available, and players just have to find Luigi in each Kingdom and speak with him to get started. In “Hide It” mode, players have a limited amount of time to hide a balloon, while in “Find It” mode, players have the same period of time to locate balloons hidden by other players from around the world. Creative use of captures is key to success! Whether players are hiding balloons or finding them, their Rank will go up based on their high score. While playing Balloon World, the atmosphere will change for each kingdom: for example, it might be raining in New Donk City, or the sun might be setting in Tostarena.