The next major update for Disney Dreamlight Valley has dropped today, bringing new characters and more to the valley.
Titled Festival of Friendship, the update introduces Encanto’s Mirabel and Frozen’s Olaf as new residents, a new Star Path celebrating 100 years of Disney, new gameplay in the Frosted Heights biome and the introduction of a Premium Shop where players can spend Moonstones (the game’s paid currency) on extra special furniture and clothing – and even change the appearance of their house!
A host of community-driven updates have also been added including improved storage, craftable signposts, the ability to edit your residents’ roles, house skins and door look/placement editing. On top of all this, a number of bug fixes and optimisations are also included which you can read more about here.
Check out the trailer for the update below:
In this new update, a mysterious blizzard has engulfed the Frosted Heights. Only one magical friend can help make sense of this snowy secret—Olaf! Discover the power of friendship, and quest to bring Mirabel and her Mini-Casita back to the Village. Celebrate Disney’s Centennial with a new Star Path, available now!
Disney Dreamlight Valley Festival of Friendship Update Notes
– “The Forgetting” Main Story continues: A snowstorm is brewing in Frosted Heights!
– New Character: Welcome the Valley’s resident snowman, Olaf, with a warm hug.
– New Character: As Disney celebrates the Wonder of Encanto around the world, Mirabel seizes the occasion to join the Valley, bringing with her Mini-Casita.
– Celebrate Disney’s 100th anniversary with a very special new Star Path inspired by real-world Disney100 items.
– Take your reno outside and change the look of your fully upgraded house with newly added house colors or acquire premium house skins from the Premium Shop.
– The Premium Shop opens! Use Moonstones to collect all sorts of exclusive, rotating cosmetic items like clothing, furniture, premium house skins and more. The Premium Shop content is separate from Scrooge McDuck’s General Store (which will also have content additions regularly). Be sure to check out the Premium Shop often to discover the latest items to help you express yourself and design your village just how you dream it to be.
– With the arrival of the Premium Shop, we have adjusted Daily Moonstone chests to increase the number of Moonstones they grant each day. They will now grant 50 Moonstones (previously 10).
– Scrooge McDuck General Store has received a shipment of new goods! Got Star Coins from your recent Pumpkin Puff haul burning a hole in your pocket? Keep an eye out for new clothing and furniture items in his stock.
– We’ve seen some of your storage rooms and we’re both impressed and scared. Chests that are crafted at Crafting Stations now come in three different varieties, offering larger storage capacities.
– While we appreciate the creative ways you’ve organized your chest hoards, we’ve added a little something to help. Craft customizable signposts to help remind you what’s in a specific chest or mark your fave fishing spot.
– Fridges now… fridge (well, minus the cooling). Furniture that is classified as storage – like fridges and cabinets – will now act as basic chest storage.
– Capping off storage-palooza, we’ve added quality of life features that allow you to auto sort your items, as well as quickly transfer items between your inventory and storage with smart transfer.
– Take that house reno back inside! You can now modify the look of doors inside your house based on ones you’ve collected, as well as adjust their placement.
– We’ve improved wallpaper management to add more variety in your house. Now, you can adjust wallpaper on a wall-by-wall basis instead of selecting one style for the whole room.
– Craft new Role Training Manuals to change the roles of your villagers. Whether you’re maximizing your gardening potential or giving Goofy a new hobby, you don’t have to feel locked into your past decision.
– The Valley is more talkative… Don’t worry, we didn’t increase Donald’s tantrums. All characters have gained additional daily discussion topics.
– The g[REDACTED]
The rest of the planned updates for Disney Dreamlight Valley in the first part of 2023 have been loosely laid out, including multiplayer support. You can learn more about that here.