Like most free-to-play games, it’s no secret Apex Legends includes its own form of loot crate system. It’s hard to have a problem with such a stream of revenue when the developer is putting its work out there for the low price of nothing, but there might be some out there who’ll be irked at the fact you’re not going to be able to unlock everything without spending money on these Apex Packs.
Mackey McCandlish informed us that each character has approximately 130 cosmetic items that can drop from loot crates. Times that by eight and there’s a lot there.
MORE ON APEX LEGENDS:
- Apex Legends Hands-On Preview – The Best Of All Worlds
- Everything You Need To Know About Apex Legends
- Respawn Isn’t Concerned About Apex Legends Releasing Close To Anthem
- Here’s Why Apex Legends Opted For A Different Player Count To Other Battle Royales
- Here’s Why Apex Legends Doesn’t Have Titans And Wall Running
- Respawn’s Stance On Titanfall 3 Is Unclear
- Watch Our First Win In Apex Legends
- It’s Going To Cost You If You Want To Unlock Everything In Apex Legends
“You can’t unlock everything without spending any money,” said McCandlish. “You level to 100 which will get you forty-five Apex Packs with three items per pack. You might get Wraith’s kunai. You might get a bunch of Legendary things.”