It’s there a community that exists that is as vocal and passionate as any other, it’s the Titanfall community. With Apex Legends being released today, they’re bound to have some questions. Namely, what does this service game mean for the future of the series and, more specifically, what does it mean for Titanfall 3?
When we sat down with Mackey McCandlish, Respawn’s design director, he was particularly tight-lipped when it came to the rumoured sequel.
MORE ON APEX LEGENDS:
- Apex Legends Hands-On Preview – The Best Of All Worlds
- Everything You Need To Know About Apex Legends
- Respawn Isn’t Concerned About Apex Legends Releasing Close To Anthem
- Here’s Why Apex Legends Opted For A Different Player Count To Other Battle Royales
- Here’s Why Apex Legends Doesn’t Have Titans And Wall Running
- Respawn’s Stance On Titanfall 3 Is Unclear
- Watch Our First Win In Apex Legends
- It’s Going To Cost You If You Want To Unlock Everything In Apex Legends
“Well we’re one team, and we made Apex Legends. It takes place in the Titanfall universe but it isn’t Titanfall 3,” McCandlish conceded. “So we wanted to build this as a live game that’s always fresh and keeps giving players a reason to come back. It’s competitive, it’s deep and we hope it finds an audience.”