Respawn have revealed that Titanfall 2 is getting some serious changes ahead of weekend two of the tech test. Further to the below, Respawn have also confirmed that there will be some other changes that will not be able to be addressed in time for week two, but will make it into the final release of the game.
You can read the full blog post HERE.
- We’ll be tuning air speed and wall-running speed to be faster.
- Players should once again accumulate and retain more speed when chaining wallruns.
- Pilots will once again acquire a small passive amount of Titan meter every few seconds.
- We made some changes in Titanfall 2 with the goal of rewarding players for playing game mode objectives. However, we observed the problem that players can try to play the objective but fail, resulting in slower than intended Titan acquisition. We still want objectives to be the fastest way to get a Titan, but the goal of every player being guaranteed a Titan per match hasn’t changed.While investigating this point, we discovered some unintended side effects that were causing players to lose momentum while wallrunning.
- Some of our Tech Test players have asked if the relatively flat and open design of Homestead is indicative of a new direction for Titanfall, and the answer is no. When designing maps, we strive to make them unique experiences. For example, Homestead changes things up by creating islands of Pilot gameplay where long-range weapons can be effective. This upcoming weekend a new map, Forwardbase Kodai, will be available for play. There is a wide variety of maps for the final game.
- We’ve read feedback about the HUD feeling too busy. At launch Titanfall 2 will have menu options that allow players to turn these features on or off based on their individual preferences.
Week Two of the Titanfall Test will commence this weekend. You can find out all the details HERE.